Sunday, July 18

C25K Progress Week 5

This week I've decided to go for distance instead of time because (I think!) I'm ready to push myself a little more.

Day 1 - July 20
Jog 1/2 mile; walk 1/4 mile; jog 1/2 mile; walk 1/4 mile; jog 1/2 mile

Mentally I think this was the hardest day yet. It was like my body was saying, "Hey. Wait a minute. We ran the race. What do you mean we still have to keep running?!?" I had to force myself to get out of bed, into running gear, and out the door. And I never really hit my groove. I just kinna endured the whole thing. Physically, though, it was barely a challenge. Yeah, but just wait for D3.....

Day 2 - July 22
Jog 3/4 mile; walk 1/2 mile; jog 3/4 mile

I don't know what is wrong with me this week. Physically, I'm doing great and feeling w0nderful. But I'm just not into it. It's almost like I'm bored or something. Maybe I need different scenery? Or do I need to commit to another 5K so I have a goal to work toward?

July 23 - Well, hello there enthusiasm. Where have you been hiding? When I woke up this morning, my first thought was running - trying to remember the routine for the day, wondering how the tropical humidity was going to feel when running. And then I remembered it wasn't a run day, and I was disappointed!

I'm debating about doing a 5K in August. Not sure it's worth the almost-one-hour drive though.

July 24 - Pizza & wine + staying out until 3 a.m. + a weather heat advisory = no run today

Day 3 - July 25
Jog two miles with no walking.

I DID IT!!! TWO MILES WITH NO WALKING!!!

I planned to run at 7 a.m. but I woke up at about 5 a.m. and was ready to go. Good thing, because I checked the weather radar and it was forecasting rain from 7-11 a.m. But...egads...it was 78 degrees with 93% humidity.

I ran at the state park for the first time. It was absolutely beautiful. Very peaceful and solitary with lots of trees and critters.

The first mile was easy. Then I entered unchartered territory. I'd never run more than a mile with no walking.

1.25. Ok, I can do this. My legs are starting to get a little heavy and achey, but it's nothing I can't handle.

1.50. I hit that groove. That fantastic place where I feel like a runner and I just wanna run and never stop.

1.75. Seriously? I'm almost there? That can't be right. This wasn't even very difficult!

2.00. Dude! I DID IT! I just ran for 2 miles without walking!!! Time - 25:12. Pace - 12.34.

I stripped off a couple layers of clothing and went for a swim in the lake. I felt so alive...so in tune with my body and with nature and with God! I felt like crying. It was that wonderful.

How did I become this person?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)