It's time for my monthly update, but August went by so quickly I barely even remember it!
At the beginning of June, I signed up for a challenge at 3FC with a goal of reaching Onederland by September 1. 29 pounds was perhaps a bit ambitious but I really thought I could at least come within spitting distance. Um, no.
The grand total of weight loss for the summer? Five pounds. Yes, five. 5!
I would be horridly upset except that despite the not-worth-mentioning weight loss, I've lost inches like mad from running. I own almost no clothing that fits anymore. Pants, especially, are just sliding off me.
And I'm getting compliments like I actually did lose 29 pounds. I ran into a friend of my mother at Wal*Mart and she came up from behind me and said, "Your butt looks amazing!" Ha! A co-worker that works from a different office so I only see him about once a month commented last week, "You're looking quite trim." (He's a bow-tie-nerd so from him this was a very calculated well-observed compliment.) And I saw a friend yesterday whom I hadn't seen all summer and he said, "You're getting skinny!" (Um, skinny? Not so much! But thanks. :) )
I've joined another 3FC challenge, again with the Onederland goal. This time I'm hoping to reach it by Christmas.
I completed the C25K program on August 21 with a 5K race with lots and lots of big scarey hills! I officially feel like a runner now. Woot.
I'm continuing to run with a 10K program from Hal Higdon and have another 5K race planned for September 19. The nice thing about the program is that it has scheduled days for cross training and strength training, both of which I've neglected as I worked on C25K. Hopefully the more well rounded exercise routine will kick start the weight loss.
9 months ago
Thank you for sharing! I am kind of bummed that the weight isn't just sliding off me- it's week 2 and I could always drop 7 lbs in the first two weeks at WW. I started running and I think I can see a difference in my face but I want to see the scale go down. It's reassuring to know that the inches ARE coming off.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 5 lbs!
I know what you mean about August flashing right by! I have no idea where this month went... But here we are at the end of it, anyway! I know the lack of scale movement has been frustrating for you, and I really admire the fact that you've stuck with it through this! Not sure my willpower could handle it! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDelete