Wednesday, September 29

Food for fuel

I am really training to teach my brain that food is fuel. It's not about taste or comfort or whatever, but what my body needs. I (try to) plan all my meals in advance so that I know I'm getting the right number of calories and macronutrients each day.

Yesterday it was rainy and chilly and I had a stressful morning at the office. I wanted so much to go to the diner for soup and a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch. But I knew this a bad choice - too much sodium, too many carbs, not enough protein. I also knew that it was a brain-want, not a body-need. And I had a packed lunch that was right on plan - food for fuel. It was a battle, but I ate that packed lunch. My brain wasn't happy, but my body was.

Today, the boss ordered pizzas for lunch. Pizza from my favorite local joint....and free. Again, I knew it was a bad choice - too many carbs, too many calories, not enough protein. So, I came home and ate the salad and the grapes that were on the plan, and fed my body instead of my brain. Food for fuel.

I feel victorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)