Friday, September 24

New Runners!

I promised myself a new pair of running shoes when I had completed the Couch to 5K running program and ran my first 5K. I ran the 5K in July and finished the program in August....and still hadn't purchased new shoes.

I always tell people that good shoes are essential for running, but I actually have a difficult time spending $100+ on a pair of shoes. When I started running, I pulled an old pair of Nikes from the closet. I'd had them for several years, but they didn't have much mileage on them. I'm not even sure they are specifically running shoes. They are most likely cross trainers. I never had any problems with them, but they were getting really worn out, so I finally had to stop procrastinating about buying new ones.

Today, I had a half day off work, and I went to the running store. They checked out my old shoes (with a grimace...haha) and had me walk and jog around the store so they could analyze my gait. Then they brought out about 67 shoes boxes and I started trying them on.

I instantly hated Asics and New Balance. Nike, Adidas, and Mizuno were okay but not great. I was loving Saucony and Brooks...but I still hadn't found anything that I would spend huge amounts of money on.

And then....behold...Brooks Ghost




My feet instantly began proclaiming, "These are AMAZING! I'm in love! I MUST have these shoes!"

There's no arguing with happy feet. :)


GO GREEN! Did you know you can recycle your old runners or donate them to charity? Check out Soles4Souls or Nike's Reuse A Shoe.

3 comments:

  1. I love shoe shopping. :) Great new runners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you were gonna get around to buying new shoes like you promised yourself! So glad you finally did it. Hooray for happy feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for you to read this post Diana. You never let me forget this reward! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)