I'm on vacation!

I don't need a tropical getaway, a luxurious cruise, or a villa in Italy. All I want is 10 whole days away from my job!!!! (I love my job, but it's stressful and pretty much a 24/7 commitment.)
I plan to spend the week shopping, visiting the art museum, hanging out with some very neglected friends, eating (too many) restaurant meals, and reading poetry in my favorite coffee shop. I'm also going to be a "celebrity judge" for a venison chili cook-off at a local state park.
It's going to be a challenge to stay on plan food wise. Every meal is not going to be perfect but I'm giving myself permission to enjoy the food. Hopefully I can balance everything out so that I don't destroy all my hard work and gain 20 pounds.
And even though my food plans are less than stellar, I'm also really excited about the extra time I will have for exercise. Especially running! Short days, cold weather, and extra deadlines at work have really curtailed my running the last few weeks. On Sunday I'm doing a 5K race with four friends. How fun does that sound?
So....HAPPY DANCE....I'm on vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment