Saturday, June 26

C25K Progress Week 1 (X2)

I realized this morning that I'm going to forget the progress I've made on C25K if I don't log it. I want to remember every agonizing 'I can NOT do this!' moment and be able to see that I pushed through and went on.

Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

W1D1 - June 1
Just doing the 5 minute warm-up walk made me huff & puff and my legs were cramping and burning. I almost managed to do the 60-second running intervals (about 45-50 seconds) but I thought I was going to pass out. I couldn't breathe. I only made it out 15 minutes, instead of the full 20, because I was worried I was going to die before I could make it home. I hurt all day.

W1D2 - June 3
About the same as D1, though the 'I'm gonna die' feeling had subsided a teensy bit.

W1D3 - June 5
I felt much more energized and looser on the 5 minute warm-up walk. The running intervals were torture but doable. Still had trouble breathing. Made it out the whole 20 minutes and didn't feel like an overheated quivering blob when I got home. I felt much less achey.

W1D1(2) - June 8
I didn't feel confident about how I finished W1 so I decided to repeat it. I felt a lot more flexible while stretching out. A week previously I could barely grab my ankle to do the quad stretch and now it was easy. I felt energized instead of depleted by the 5 minute warm-up. The intervals seemed almost easy, my breathing was much better, and my legs didn't feel crampy.

W1D2(2) - June 10
Oh yeah baby...I rocked it! I felt like a runner! Woot!

W1D3(2) - June 13
A lesson in why exercise is almost impossible when you're sleep deprived and dehydrated. Not good. And my left knee started to hurt about halfway through, a kinna twingy ache. After, it felt hot and swollen (but looked fine) and hurt to bend and straighten. It felt stiff and twingy all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)