Saturday, June 26

Food Log June 21-27

Week Averages
Carbs 25.2%
Fat 45.1%
Protein 29.7%
Target percentages: 25-40-35

Average calories per day 1,336
Target calories: 1,400-1,600

Changes for next week: I had a couple days with weird eating times, but it didn't seem to have any negative effect. In fact, I experienced something entirely new: hunger! For quite awhile, when I ate was impacted primarily by my blood sugar. If I felt my blood sugar drop, I ate. But my levels are finally stable enough that I can go long enough to actually get the tummy rumbles. I was very excited about this. :)

Also, my macronutrient numbers continue to fall into the 25-45-30 range. I think I'm going to just go with this for now unless it seems something needs tweaked.

Zigzagging calories did not work. My body just seems totally comfortable in the 1,300 range. (Although I suspect that with allowing for miscalculations, it's probably closer to 1,500). I honestly cannot imagine trying to eat more. I'm full and satisfied with this amount, so I'm not going to try to fix it unless it becomes apparent that I need to.

Dinner Saturday night was a huge splurge. The numbers were definitely too high for one meal, but I still stayed on target for the day. I'm not going to fret about it.

Monday
Breakfast (7:45) 2 eggs; 4 oz. homemade turkey sausage; cantaloupe; strawberries
Lunch (1:00) Chinese Chicken Slaw; peach
Snack (5:00) 3 oz. deli turkey; red pepper hummus; carrot sticks
Dinner (8;00) 4 oz. hamburger; roasted beets; cherries
Calories 1381; Carbs 86; Fat 64; Protein 112
Carbs 25.1%; Fat 42.2%; Protein 32.7%


Tuesday
Pre-run (6:15) Banana & pb
Post-run (7:15) Frozen yogurt (3/4 C. plain Greek yogurt + 1/4 C. fresh blueberries)
Breakfast (8:15) 2 eggs + 2 egg whites scrambled with salsa & cheese
Lunch (12:30) Chinese Chicken Slaw
Dinner (6:30) Buffalo Chicken Salad; "Banana Split" (frozen banana, strawberries, pineapple, dark choc.)
Calories 1336; Carbs 90; Fat 63; Protein 109
Carbs 26.3%; Fat 32%; Protein 41.7%


Wednesday
Breakfast (8:00) 2 eggs + 2 egg whites scrambled with salsa & cheese; sliced bananas & strawberries
Snack (10:30) Trail mix (nuts, seeds, & yogurt raisins)
Lunch (12:30) Chinese Chicken Slaw
Snack (3:00) Rice cake w/pb & Smucker's Strawberry Simply Fruit
Dinner (6:30) Nacho Salad (9 tortilla chips, seasoned ground turkey, bean dip, cheese sauce, salsa, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos and sour cream over a heaping pile of leaf lettuce) Number wise, this actually wasn't too bad! Sodium was probably off the charts though.
Calories 1388; Carbs: 93; Fat 59; Protein 97
Carbs 28.7%; Fat 41.3%; Protein 30%


Thursday
Pre-run (6:15) Rice cake; cheddar cheese
Post-run (7:45) Protein Smoothie (8 oz. milk, 4 oz. Green Goodness, 3T. protein powder)
Lunch (11:00) 6 oz. hamburger w/cheese; raspberries
Dinner (7:00) Nacho salad (see Wednesday); peach
Calories 1383; Carbs: 77; Fat: 80; Protein 108
Carbs 21.1%; Fat 49.3%; Protein 29.6%


Friday
Breakfast (7:00) 2 eggs; 1 slice bacon; strawberries
Lunch (2:00) Caesar salad with chicken; plum
Dinner (8:00) 1/4 wheat-free pizza w/turkey pepperoni & veggies; salad (lettuce + Italian dressing); 1 glass (6 oz.) wine
Calories 1064; Carbs 63; Fat 61; Protein 51
Carbs 25%; Fat 54.7%; Protein 20.3%

(I think my sparkpeople.com calculator was very wrong on the numbers for the wine! It seems way too low.)

Saturday
Pre-run (6:15) Plum; Swiss cheese
Post-run (8:00) Greek yogurt w/banana, strawberries, blueberries
Breakfast (10:30) 2 eggs w/veggie yogurt cheese; 2 pieces bacon; veggie hashbrowns (potato, zucchini, beets)
Dinner (6:15) Steak w/mushrooms & blue cheese; small potato w/broccoli & cheese; corn on the cob; cucumbers & tomatoes w/Caesar dressing; watermelon
Calories 1465; Carbs 99; Fat 84; Protein 89
Carbs 25%; Fat 51%; Protein 24%


Sunday
Free day (still OP but no log)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)