Saturday, June 26

C25K Progress Week 3

Brisk five-minute warm-up walk, then do two repetitions of the following: Jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes. (And Chubby Jones on my podcast throws in another 90 second run at the end!)

W3D1 - June 22
A wicked rain storm woke me at 5 a.m. My very first thought was, "No! Today is running day!" I couldn't even go back to sleep because I was ready to run. Who is this alien that has invaded my body? :)

The rain finally slowed to a drizzle and I headed out. And I ran two 3-minute intervals!!! I think a tortoise could have outpaced me, but I refused to stop "pretending" to run, so it counts! My calves were killing me, though. It felt like there were iron bands squeezing my calves to the point that I could barely walk home afterwards. I felt fine within an hour or so, and didn't have any pain all day.

And I actually cried today, because I really cannot believe I am doing this. Very happy and very overwhelmed tears.

W3D2 - June 24
I've been doing this week at the fairgrounds parking lot (same as I did the first week) because it's been rainy and I don't want to run in mud and wet goose crap at the reservoir. I just realized today that there are a lot of inclines in the parking lot of the fairgrounds. Certainly not hills, but it is not flat. So, not only have I progressed to doing W3, but I've also progressed to be able to do it on a not flat surface. Woot! (And it explains why W1 was so difficult!) Also, I stretched out a lot more before, and the pain in my calves was not nearly as bad.

W3D3 - June 26
Back out at the reservoir, and (wow!) it's easier on flat land. :) The humidity was brutal; my heart was pounding and I was dripping wet. But I did the whole thing! Woot! On to Week 4 which sounds utterly insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)