Monday, July 26

C25K Progress Week 6

Day 1 - July 27
Jog 1/2 mile; walk 1/4 mile; jog 3/4 mile; walk 1/4 mile; jog 1/2 mile

Blerg. I did not feel well yesterday and that reflected in my run today. I had NO energy and I was achey. I only did 1/2 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1/2 mile run. I don't think I'll repeat the day, though, because I know I could have done it had I not felt like crap yesterday.

Day 2 - July 29
Jog 1 mile; walk 1/4 mile; jog 1 mile

That was really not fun. I couldn't figure out how a 1 mile run could seem so difficult when I easily did a 2 mile run on Sunday. But when I uploaded my run from my Nike+ I realized why - I was maintaining a pretty strong 10 or 11 minute pace! What?!? My pace on the two mile was about 12.5. I guess my body is letting me know it's ready to try to push a little harder. Woohoo. :) And, dear goodness, it was humid - 92%. It was like running wrapped up in a wet blanket.

Day 3 - July 31
Jog 2 1/4 mile

I RAN FOR OVER TWO MILES! Wooooot! I didn't even look at my Nike+ to check distance until 1:13. I was totally rocking it! 1:54. Easy peasy. 1:98. Ok, we're almost there, and ~wow~ I'm starting to feel this.

Every second past the 2 mile point was torture. I confess it. My legs hurt. My breathing was ragged. Sweat was pouring off of me. 2:19. I can't. 2:20. I can't. 2.22. No, seriously, I can't. 2:23. I'm gonna die if I don't stop. 2:24. OMG this is ridiculous! 2:28. Wait. 2:28? I went OVER?!?

Distance: 2.28. Time: 29.48. Pace: 13.06. (Nike+)

Week 7? BRING IT! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)