Thursday, July 8

Not So Fat

I had an opportunity today to check my BMI with one of those nifty gadgets and it was 31.7. According to The Charts, based on my height and weight, it "should be" 36.3. Hooray, I'm not so fat! Overweight is 29.9, so I'm still in the obese category though.

Last Saturday, a friend reminded me of something that I'd completely forgotten. A few years ago, when I'd lost quite a bit of weight, I signed up for a bootcamp program. When the trainer did my beginning evaluation, she had to check my weight and BMI like three times.

She refused to believe that I weighed 199 and said that on a sight guess she would have said I was about 160. And based on height and weight, according to charts, my BMI should have been in the low-30s, on the border between obese and overweight. Instead it was just below the mid-20s and comfortably in the normal category. The trainer said I have a very muscular and athletic body type. (I still don't believe her! haha)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so cool! What is one of those devices called...I wanna get tested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a thing like this: http://www.soymedical.com/omhbf-306c.html It "sends an extremely weak electrical current through your body to determine the amount of fat tissue."

    Most gyms or personal trainers would have one, or you can buy one.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)