Thursday, July 8

C25K Progress Week 4

Brisk five-minute warm-up walk, then:
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
  • Walk 2-1/2 minutes
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes


W4D1 - July 6
It was off-the-hook amazing. Absolutely the best day so far. The intervals were easy. 5 minute run? No problem. When Chubby Jones on my podcast would say an interval run was done, I thought, "Already?"

When I had completed the full routine, I wasn't ready to quit. I switched my MP3 player over to a couple songs, and did ANOTHER INTERVAL of 3-minute walk/3-minute run. And even then I could have kept going. Unbelievable.

W4D2 - July 8
I had a little trouble getting going. Sleepy and achey and plagued with "I can't do this" thoughts. Then I hit my groove and felt fantastic. I just can't get over how amazing it feels to run for 5 minutes! And once again I was not ready to be done after the intervals so I added a 3-minute walk/3-minute run interval! I honestly was thinking, "Do I really have to stop now?"

W4D3 - July 9
I'm not sure what week/day of C25K I did this morning. (ha!) It should have W4D3 but I skipped the 90-second walk between the 3-minute run and the 5-minute run, so what I did was 9.5 minute run/2.5 minute walk/9.5 minute run. Yeah, I ran for almost 10 minutes! That's freakin' CRAZY! (Distance: 1.5m)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)