Tuesday, July 6

Progress, Triumph, and Joy

I did W4D1 of C25K today. It was off-the-hook amazing. Absolutely the best day so far. The intervals were easy. 5 minute run? No problem. When Chubby Jones on my podcast would say an interval run was done, I thought, "Already?"

When I had completed the full routine, I wasn't ready to quit. I switched my MP3 player over to a couple songs, and did ANOTHER INTERVAL of 3-minute walk/3-minute run. And even then I could have kept going. Unbelievable.

Compare that to...

W1D1 - June 1
Just doing the 5 minute warm-up walk made me huff & puff and my legs were cramping and burning. I almost managed to do the 60-second running intervals (about 45-50 seconds) but I thought I was going to pass out. I couldn't breathe. I only made it out 15 minutes, instead of the full 20, because I was worried I was going to die before I could make it home. I hurt all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)