Tuesday, August 3

C25K W7 Progress

And we enter the Land of No Intervals! This week is three 2 1/2 mile runs.

Day 1 - August 3
So humid it was almost raining plus a field with freshly mown weeds/grass equals I FELT LIKE I HAD ALGAE IN MY LUNGS. Gah, it was awful. I only did 2 1/4 miles. I was disappointed and angry until I reminded myself that I'd run for 30 MINUTES. Two months ago, that was was utterly inconceivable. And if I were still doing C25K by time instead of distance, it would have been 25 minutes today, and I would have been totally rockin' it. So, it's all good.

Nike+ - 2.25 miles. 30.0 minutes. 13:17 pace.

Day 2 - August 5
2 1/2 miles and it was a fantastic run. It was just one of those days when everything clicked and I enjoyed every single moment and didn't have to struggle to the end. Yah! I think the only bad thing was the humidity was 91%. It didn't affect my endurance or breathing, but I literally had to wring my shirt out in the sink when I got back home! Ew...lol.

As I've progressed to longer runs, I've either been running loops around the fairgrounds or the state park, or circling the reservoir. It's gotten a bit boring. So I got on active.com last night and mapped out a run that took me by the edge of the fairgrounds, through town for a bit, and then back through the fairgrounds to home. It seemed to make it easier to not think about distance, while at the same time I was shocked to realize how far from home I was actually going!

Nike+ - 2.5 miles. 31.41 minutes. 12:40 pace.

D3 - August 7
WTH?!? How could such a fantastic day on Thursday be followed by THIS? I couldn't even make it through the first mile. :( Usually, when I start out, my heart rate is a bit uncomfortable and I wheeze, but then by the half mile point, I hit a groove and everything evens out and I can just go. The groove completely eluded me today. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)