Ever since I increased my running distance, "the girls" have really started to hurt. They feel bruised and very tender. It's actually gotten to the point that last night when I turned on my stomach in my sleep, the pain woke me up. And they hurt all through this morning's 2 1/2 mile run.
This really freaked me out. I thought something was horribly wrong with me. I googled, and breathed a sigh of relief, when I discovered this is a rather normal problem.
"Breasts bounce 135 metres (443 FEET!!!) when a woman runs a mile. Whether trail running, road running or running on a treadmill at home or at the gym, a woman’s breasts will move up and down, side to side, up and down and in and out. When running, a woman's breasts do a figure of eight."
Ouch.
I've been wearing two very tight sports bras that have "the girls" strapped down and tucked in. But apparently that's not enough. I decided to invest in a high-tech sports bra (one from Champion and one from Shock Absorber). Hopefully this does the trick and makes "the girls" happy.
So, word of warning to the runners out there. "Your girls" are flipping around in figure eights, over 400 feet per mile. They deserve a good bra!
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment