Wednesday, August 18

Couch 25K Progress Week 9

WEEK 9!!! I can see the finish line!!! I never believed I would make it to this point. Can I just brag and say I'm super duper proud of myself? :D

W9D1 - August 17
3 whole miles! (I also posted about it here.) It was just fantastically awesome. I didn't even check the distance until 1.75 miles. I was totally grooving and loving every second of it. I don't know how or why but it was a perfect day.

Oh, and the hip pain I experienced on Saturday? Pretty much gone. It didn't bother me at all during the run and even though it was a bit achey through the day, it wasn't bad at all.

W9D2 - August 19
I decided to run in the evening when it was warmer to acclimate for Saturday's run. Worst. Run. Ever. I was hungry and tired and thirsty. I could not get my muscles to loosen up no matter how much I stretched. It's TOM and I feel completely drained. It was sooooo humid.

My legs felt like they were encased in concrete and my lungs felt they were filled with wet wool.

It was so bad. :( I guess it was a learning experience though. I'm totally believing that the race on Saturday will be better. Positive thoughts! :D

W9D3 - August 21 - GRADUATION DAY!
I ran the Heart & Sole 5K race for my graduation run. Hills. Hills!! Hills!!! There wasn't a flat stretch in the whole race, and one "hill" was about a 60 degree angle (and I had to run it TWICE!). It was pretty funny coming around a corner to see this massive mountain that I had to conquer. Ha!

It wasn't an easy run but it was utterly AWESOME! Even after the brutal run, I was able to push it to the finish line.

This race really made it obvious to me how incredibly far I've come this summer.

Results
Time 43:36
23 of 40 in my age group
202 of 268 overall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)