Friday, August 13

On to the next 5K

I'm running my second 5K next Saturday. The date coincided with my C25K graduation date, so I thought it would be fun to do the final C25K run in an actual race.

I'm very nervous, possibly even more so than before the first 5K. The race next week is in a town about 45 minutes away and I'm not very familiar with the race route. And it's August and it's been beastly hot and I've discovered that I don't run well in sunlight. (Vampire Runner...bwahaha!) Plus, I want to do well. The first race, my only goal was to complete, even if that meant walking the whole thing and taking longer than an hour to do it. For this race, I'd really like to set an actual time goal, like maybe under 40 minutes (actually, close to 35), but I'm terrified to set myself up for failure.

But I just keep telling myself this: Six months ago, if you'd told me I'd be running in a 5K race, I would have laughed. So no matter how I do in the race, it's still a MAJOR accomplishment to have even reached this point.

2 comments:

  1. So then does this mean you're close to getting yourself some new running shoes? :D I was just looking at your "Goodies" section and noticed that's the next thing on the list! I'm super excited for you being so close to finishing the program! It's been an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely looking to get new shoes soon! I'm very excited because this feels like such a big reward. I'm a REAL runner now! :b

    We did it girl! We made it through C25K! (Well, I almost have. ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)