Today marks the five month point in my journey to wellness (April 12 to September 12). Five months? Shouldn't I be skinny by now?!?
The summer was long and difficult. I just kept bouncing back and forth, losing and gaining the same three pounds. I think the one thing that really kept me from giving up was running. Even though the scale was NOT my friend, every day I could run a little farther and felt a little better. And I wasn't able to run when I ate crap so I had to continue to make healthy food choices.
I'm not where I thought I'd be, but in those five months I've lost 23 inches (8 from my waist and 7 from my hips!) and I've lost three sizes in pants (from a 20 to a 14!). I've definitely gotten smaller, if not lighter. And even though I've only lost 19.5 pounds, that averages out to almost a pound a week, which is acceptable even though it's S-L-O-W.
The scale has been a little friendlier the last few weeks, and I'm really believing I can make Onederland by Christmas (21.5 pounds in 15 weeks). I've kicked up the exercise and I'm being very careful about monitoring food, so I think it's doable.
Hopefully by the next 5 month mark (February 12), I'll be somewhere in the 180s (over 50 pounds lost!) with only 20 or so pounds to go!
11 months ago
Wow, I have lost 68 lbs and only gone from 18-12-14. You are doing great! Great job on your running!
ReplyDeleteLori @ All About Me
Well, a fitness trainer once told me I have a "muscular and athletic" body type (hahaha!) so I have a tendency to lose inches and sizes quickly. Pounds, not so much.
ReplyDeleteAnd pants sizes can vary greatly depending on your body shape. Pears wear larger sizes than apples, for example. (I'm an apple.)