I have insulin resistance and always had horrible problems with both high and low blood sugar. Exercise and diet changes have regulated my blood sugar more than I ever dreamed possible, and I don't even remember the last time I had a Bad Sugar Day.
Until yesterday.
I started to get a headache around 3 o'clock. I didn't even recognize it as a Sugar Headache and just thought it was stress. By the time I got home from work at 5 o'clock I had the shakes and I knew what was going on. I made dinner as planned, and as I was cooking, my vision started to get blurry. This was a BAD sugar crash.
Food helped a bit. But I still had to take an Excedrin Migraine for the headache. And I felt so wiped out I spent the evening laying in bed and watching a movie. By 9 p.m. I was starving again. (Not just a little bit hungry, but tummy grumbling starving.) I just ignored it and went to sleep.
The really scarey thing is I don't have a clue what caused the crash. No new foods. No change in exercise. My food numbers (calories, carbs, protein) were on plan, both that day and the days leading up to it.
I feel totally fine today, so I'm not going to worry too much. But I wanted to write this down so I have a reference.
9 months ago
That IS scary! I'm glad you're feeling better now. *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie. :) I've dealt with episodes like this almost my whole life so I knew what it was, so it wasn't quite as terrifying as it might have been. It was nonetheless very unpleasant.
ReplyDelete