I am definitely not a numbers kind of girl. I can't balance my checkbook, fill out a tax form, or calculate my car's mileage. But I'm oddly fascinated by numbers when it comes to diet.
When I logged my weight on skinnyr.com I was informed that I had crossed the line from Obesity Class 2 to Obesity Class 1 with a BMI of 34.7. However, when I was 10 pounds heavier, I checked my BMI with a Gadget Thing and it was 31.7. At that weight, The Charts said my BMI should be 36.3. - a difference of 4.6. So....if you apply that 4.6 difference to today's BMI of 34.7 it would make my actual BMI 30.1 which is nearly into the next category - overweight, which starts at 29.9. Of course, a lot of that is guesstimating....but still...woot!
And this site has lots of nifty calculators. One of the things you can figure is your body fat percentage based on measurements. Mine is 31.68% which is in the Acceptable category (though barely).
I suck at math, but numbers can be fun!
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment