
When I was a little girl, if I acted jealous or envious, my grandma would tell me I was acting like a green monster.
Sometimes when it comes to diet and exercise, I feel like a green monster.
Jealous of people who can....
lose 6 pounds in a week
lose 50 pounds in 3 months
see steady downward movement on the scale
have a beautiful skinny face and "hide" all their fat in their hips
easily do yoga even when they're fat
run 10 miles
eat pasta and enchiladas and bread and chocolate cake and still lose weight
And on and on and on.
But I'm ME. This is MY journey. Yes, it's long and slow and frustrating. Yes, I'm not as flexible or strong as I wish I was. Yes, I have a chubby face and no hips. BUT I'm doing what works for me. I am smaller AND healthier than I was 6 months ago. This is the body that I have and in its own way its beautiful.
My grandma also said, "You'd best put that monster back in its cave."
Awwww ... I love what your Grandma said. :) Very true too. I get that way a lot when it comes to this journey, but we'll get there in our own time. Then people will be green with envy over our success. :)
ReplyDeletethat's so funny (the images elevate it all to another level!)
ReplyDeleteoh, how I relate.
I think I should consider where my secret jealousies are. They might be keeping me stuck in some ways I'm not aware of. Need to find them and let them go.
You said it... But I'm ME. This is MY journey.
What more could I want?
The weird thing about the images....that was the only image I could find on google of a "monster in a cave" and at first I was a little disappointed because (1) he's not green and (2) he's not cute like the first monster. But then I realized...the first monster is really a lie, a false image. Jealously is not cute, it's ugly and creepy and destructive. The second monster is what Jealousy looks like when it's exposed for what it really is.
ReplyDeleteIs that deep or what, dude? lol
I came by from Teresa's blog. I feel that monster too sometimes. Sigh.
ReplyDelete