Friday, November 26

Triumphant Thanksgiving


I did it! I survived Thanksgiving! I am triumphant!

And the unbelievable thing is, it wasn't even that difficult.

The hors d'œuvre and the desserts are usually my biggest downfall. But I completely kept myself in check. Just a wee bit of spinach-artichoke dip, only one bacon-wrapped-water-chestnut, only one wedge of cheese with a couple crackers, one bite of pumpkin roll....and yes, a whole (but small) piece of Pear Cranberry Pie. All I ate at lunch (and at dinner later) was turkey and a small serving of dressing. (Unfortunately the only "vegetables" were salads filled with fruit or floating in sweet dressing or camouflaged in mayonnaise. So no veggies for me).

I didn't really feel tempted to eat too much, and I never felt deprived. And this morning I'm not wishing I'd brought home a box of leftovers to consume at lunchtime.

The emotional aspect of this triumph is huge for me. If I can get through Thanksgiving, I can get through the rest of this weight loss....and live a happy healthy life.

And the very very bestest part? All the compliments on my weight loss from the relatives who haven't seen me since last Thanksgiving. :D

1 comment:

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)