Wednesday, June 16

The Wall

I hit the wall tonight.

I had this horrible moment when all I wanted was a hot fudge sundae. With extra hot fudge. And nuts. And whipped cream. And a cherry. The more I thought about it, the more futile and pointless the whole dieting thing seemed to be. It's going to take forever and what's the freaking point anyway?!?

I let myself be in that place for a while. I wallowed in the self-pity. I cried for a bit. I took a nap.

Then I went out on the porch and ate a plum and watched the sun set. I got over the wall. But I don't want to forget how scarey it was to find myself face-to-face with Giving Up.

Added the next morning:
I set down and wrote the progress I've made. Three weeks ago I got exhausted walking from my front door to my car. Now I'm able to run for 90 seconds. Three weeks ago I could barely do the stretches to warm up to run. Now those exercises are easy. Six weeks ago I felt ugly and fat every single time I got dressed. Now I'm putting clothes in the Goodwill pile. Six weeks ago I felt tired and fuzzy all the time. Now I have energy and feel focused. It's tiny...but it's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)