Well, it's a week late, but here's my monthly update for July.
I only lost about 3 1/2 pounds. But honestly I wasn't real careful about my food and I didn't create daily logs. My food wasn't bad, but I didn't track every number associated with it. So I'm not overly disappointed that the loss wasn't more. And only ONE POUND to go to the 20 pounds lost mark! Woot!
Measurements were more noticeable than pounds, though. Four from my waist, three from my hips, and one each from my chest and bust. I really don't have any clothes that fit properly anymore.
My real focus this month was on running. I competed in my first 5K race (which you can read about here). At the beginning of July, I was in W4 of the C25K program, and doing very well. On W4D3 I skipped the walk intervals and did two 9 1/2 minute runs with a 2 1/2 minute walk between them. In W5 I switched to running by distance instead of time. This week I'm doing W7 and running 2 1/2 miles (in about 32 minutes). I've signed up for another 5K on August 21, so my C25K graduation run will be in an official race.
And I bought an exercise bike, and am doing about 20 minutes on that two days a week (non-running days). Definitely feeling it in the thighs, so I'm going to work slowly at increasing the time and frequency.
I guess my only goals for August are to complete C25K, begin another running program, and monitor my food a bit more closely.
11 months ago
3 1/2 pounds down is still a lose for this month and that's going to add up to good! I am awestruck that you do all this running. I can't even imagine that. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing what August brings you.
ReplyDelete