Saturday, August 28

Not ready

I discovered this week that I am not ready for the running program I chose to work on after C25K. My body is just not ready to run 5 days a week or for speed work. I'm disappointed but I'm willing to try something different.

Surprisingly, a 10K program seems like it will work better. Even though I don't see myself running a 10K any time soon, the 10K program actually has shorter runs than the program to increase 5K speeds. And it's only 3 days a week of running with scheduled strength training on the off days. I have been doing very little strength training, and I know I need to add this, so that is definitely a plus with this program.

So, my revised post-C25K plan is Hal Higdon's 10K Training for Novices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)