Sunday, August 22

Permission to relax

Between work and school I've had deadlines and obligations chasing me down with a vengeance for three months. I don't know when I last had a day off...a day when I didn't have something that HAD to be done. Plus I've been diligently running and (attempting) to monitor my food. I hadn't cleaned the house properly in ages and it was to the point that it was stressing me out.

I was completely utterly exhausted. And bitchy and weepy.

Friday afternoon I left work two hours early. I took a short nap then cleaned the house from top to bottom and did four loads of laundry. The rest of the weekend, I just gave myself permission to relax. I'm not thinking about the pile of work at the office or the list of assignments due for school. I HAVE to forget it all and relax.

Yesterday morning I ran a 5K which is actually relaxing and fun! :) In the afternoon, it was pouring rain, so I just laid in bed and read and slept. And in the evening I enjoyed a huge bowl of popcorn and two movies. Then I slept for 10 hours. Today I went shopping and came home and took a 3 hour nap. Tonight I think a pizza and movie are on the schedule.

I know I'm going to pay for this tomorrow - the amount of stuff that needs to be done is going to be enormous. But I just couldn't keep going like that anymore.

I guess the only reason I'm posting this is as a reminder to myself. Sometimes I just have to give myself permission to relax. Sometimes I just have to walk away from it all and recharge the batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

To read recent posts, scroll down.

To read other posts, clink on the links

by date under "Archives" or by topic under "Labels"

Also make sure to check the pages up there at the top

for more info about me and my program.


Please say hi, and come back soon.

________________________________________________________________


With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.

(Thomas Foxwell Buxton)