I've always thought that people who did it were insane, desperate, or both. But I did it. I signed up for account at an online dating website.
I've been single and celibate for many years. But lately I've really been realizing that (1) I do not want to die without ever being kissed again and (2) I do not want to live the rest of my life alone.
The decision wasn't easy to make, not only because I think online dating websites are a bit creepy and hokey. No, the thing is, if I were to label myself, I would have to say I'm bisexual. In fact, I prefer women to men. But I've never been able to fully settle in my heart whether God's Word condones homosexuality, and I'm not willing to risk my faith for the choice. Also, my family and many friends are opposed to homosexuality, and my relationships with them are more important than my need to be in a relationship with a woman.
My experience with the website has so far been interesting and fun. I'm being cautious - very cautious. But it's very enjoyable to meet new people...and to flirt. I've made a few connections, and have chatted with them via the website's email or instant messaging. An artist, a nurse, and a redneck. Interesting combo, eh? Artistic types make me swoon, but there's something so sexy about a guy fixing a car and chugging a beer. :)
My only expectation right now is to have a date for New Year's. For a very long time, I've been missing that midnight kiss as the clock chimes in the new year.
9 months ago
Good luck, Rochester! I bet you'll be getting some smooches come New Year's Eve. I hope you'll give us details too. *wink*
ReplyDelete